This is a wonderful tutorial on how to make a tulle pom pom. These pom poms make excellent decorations for weddings, birthdays, and other festivities. Best of all, they are very easy to make. Hang them from the ceiling at different heights for a colorful piece of vertical décor. You can also use them as a backdrop for a dessert table or make mini pom-poms on a stick to place on top of cupcakes. There are countless ways to these nifty decorations to glamourize your next party or event.
- 6″ tulle
- A cardboard box
- Cut out a cardstock circle with a diameter of 8 inches. Within that circle, cut out another circle that is approximately 1 inch in diameter. It should look like a donut. This will serve as your template.
- Fold the circle in half and cut two slits on each side of the inner circle.
- Cut out 3 yards of tulle and tuck an end through the slits.
- Place the tulle in a cardboard box to contain it.
- Begin wrapping the tulle across the template. Wrap it 16 times one direction and then 16 times the opposite direction. Then again, 16 more times in the first direction.
- Cut off the end from the rest of the roll.
- Take the ends from step 3 and tie them together
- Cut the tulle that runs across the arc of the template
- Tighten the knot, and you have a tulle pom pom!