July 4th is a great time to spend with family outdoors enjoying food and fireworks. Why not add to the fun by doing a craft project with the whole family? This super easy and safe DIY Patriotic Confetti Party Popper will help make this year’s celebration even more memorable. With just a few simple supplies, this DIY patriotic craft is easy enough for kids to make!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
2” x 6” White Gloss Mailing Tube
9/16″ X 10 yd Red Metallic Foil Washi Tape
9/16″ X 10 yd Blue/White Stars On Foil Washi Tape
12″ Assorted Opaque Latex Balloon
20” X 26” Dazzling Blue Tissue Paper
20” X 26” Poinsettia Red Tissue Paper
Royal Soft Grip Stainless Steel Scissor
3/16″ X 500 yd Red Crimped Curling Ribbon
3/16″ X 500 yd Royal Blue Crimped Curling Ribbon
How To Make DIY Party Poppers
Next, follow these simple steps to make these DIY confetti party poppers for a safe and fun way to celebrate the 4th of July with a bang!
1) Use scissors to cut off the top of the balloon.
2) Tie a knot at the base of the balloon.
3) Place the large, open end of the balloon over one side of the tube. Secure it with tape.
4) Next, use washi tape to decorate the tube.
5) Make the confetti by cutting the tissue paper into small squares. Then, curl the ribbon and cut into small curls.
6) Place a small amount of confetti in the popper.
7) With the popper assembled, now it’s time to pop it! Point the tube upward, pull the balloon and let go!
Follow our blog throughout the year to get inspired by the fun and easy crafts for the whole family! Let Paper Mart supply your next DIY craft project, with our large selection of ribbons, washi tape, embellishments and more!