Whether it’s for a birthday party, bridal shower, or wedding, tulle table skirts are an elegant and inexpensive way to add that extra flair to your tables. These are great for emphasizing the dessert or the bride/groom table from the rest. Here is a quick tutorial on how you can make your own tulle table skirt.
- 6″ tulle rolls
- 1 ” wide elastic
- Trim or ribbon
- Hot glue
- Measure the height of the table. Mine was 28 inches tall.
- Multiply the height by two and add another two inches. So for my table it is 58 inches. (28 in x 2 +2 in).
- Cut pieces of tulle that are this size in length.
- Place the plastic tablecloth over the table
- Pin the elastic band across the top part of the tablecloth
- To attach the tulle to the elastic band, fold a piece of tulle in half and then place the loop over and behind the elastic.
- Grab the tails and run them through the loop.
- Pull tightly to make a knot in the front.
- Repeat this process until you have covered the entire length of the elastic. If you place the table against the wall, you will only need to cover 3 sides of the table.
- Trim the bottoms of the tulle pieces so that your table skirt is all one length,
- Hot glue the trim or ribbon across the knots of the tulle.