Spring is here! That usually means that anything floral is a must. From decorations, to gift packaging, to crafts and weddings, floral accents are particularly fitting this time of year. While real and silk flowers are great, crepe paper flowers are becoming more and more popular. We have seen them used as wall décor to spruce up bedrooms, nurseries and even storefronts of retail spaces! They make a nice embellishment on gifts and are a fun craft to make with or without the kids. A whole trio or quartet of crepe paper flowers makes a gorgeous everlasting bouquet as well. We have even seen some brides opting for large, full paper flower bouquets as opposed to real ones. If you are looking to make DIY crepe paper flowers of your own, follow our quick and easy video tutorial.
DIY Crepe Paper Flowers
Here’s what you’ll need:
Just follow these 5 simple steps to make these beautiful crepe paper flowers:
1) Use crepe paper to cut 4 teardrops – about 7-8″ tall and 3″ wide and 6 heart shaped – about 7-8″ tall and 7″ wide
2) Gently pull the center of the teardrops and hearts outwards to form a cup
3) Flip the petals over and curl the sides with a pencil
4) Starting with the 4 teardrops, attach the petals to the floral wire using the floral tape
5) Attach the hearts around the outside of the teardrops and use the floral tape to secure
If you want to make a bouquet, repeat these steps with other colors of crepe paper. We recommend bold, bright colors for summer, softer pastel colors for spring, darker earth tones for fall, and reds and whites or blues and whites for winter. The bouquets make a beautiful centerpiece, bouquet for weddings, and decoration for the home or office.