We’re celebrating Earth Day by making these cute reusable tote bags. Complete with a dot-painted portrait of the Earth, this bag is an easy, family-friendly craft for kids of all ages. Learn how to make them here!
Get Earth Day Ready With An Easy Craft
Crafting with the family offers the perfect opportunity to get creative and teach your kids to think outside of the box. Reuse items in fun and unique ways! Here, we’re using eco-friendly materials like round plates and pencils to create works of art on a reusable bag.
Here’s What You’ll Need To Create These Simple DIY Tote Bags
- Natural Flat Canvas Tote Bag
- Painter’s Blue Masking Tape
- Biodegradable Fiber Plates
- Flat Cardboard
- Your Favorite Fabric Paint
How To Make These Reusable Totes in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Trace The Earth Onto Your Tote
- Using your plate, pencil, and canvas tote, trace an outline of a circle onto the surface of your tote bag.
- Once your outline is made, use your pencil to lightly draw outlines of the Earth’s continents.
Step 2: Outline Your Continents
- After you’ve finished drawing your Earth, take your painter’s tape and outline the circle’s edge. This will help keep your dot painting neat.
- After outlining, take your flat cardboard and place it inside your tote bag. This will help keep your paint from leaking onto the other side of your bag.
Step 3: Paint The Earth
- To start dot painting, take your pencil, dip the eraser into your paint, and then dab your eraser onto the surface of your tote bag. For our bag, we used green fabric paint for the continents and blue fabric paint for the ocean.
How do you celebrate Earth Day with your family? Unplugging from technology with an outdoor picnic? Crafting adorable decor with your kids? Show us on social using the #mypapermart tag! Did you love this super-simple, kid-friendly activity? Stay tuned! We’ll be making more all year long, so keep watching for more DIY craft videos, tips for small businesses, and product features!