Incorporating a custom-made tulle crib skirt is a wonderful way to enhance the look of your nursery room. Whether it’s for a baby girl or boy, a tulle crib skirt can complement the colors and add to the theme of the room. It’s quite simple to make your own crib skirt, and this project can be completed without any sewing. Here is how:
- Measuring tape
- 6″ tulle
- Fitted sheet for crib size
Note: Since this project requires that you cut into the fitted sheet, it might be best to use an old sheet to tie the tulle.
- Place the fitted sheet onto the mattress.
- Cut small slits along the edge of the sheet. The slits should be about an inch apart.
- Measure the length from the slits to the floor, double it and add another inch. Cut tulle pieces that are this length. For example, if the length from the slits to the floor is 12 inches, double it (24) and add 1 inch (24+1=25). So you will cut strips that are 25″ in length.
- Take one of your tulle piece and fold it in half so that it looks like an upside down “U”.
- Take the upside down “U” and run it through one of the slits so that the top half of the tulle creates a loop. Then grab the ends of the tulle strip and place them through the loop.
- Pull on the ends tightly so that it creates a knot.
- Repeat the process until the entire length of the sheet is covered with tulle.
- Once you have the tulle skirt to your liking, place the other bed sheets/blankets on top.