Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, you’re going to need an easy way to store your necklaces without tangling. That’s where we come in. Here is some insight into how to pack your necklaces safely!
How Necklaces Get Tangled During Travel
Unfortunately, necklaces are tricky pieces to pack and store because they run the risk of getting tangled while traveling. When jewelry is not properly secured or cushioned, loose components – like necklace chains – can get pushed out of place and knotted. If you’re wondering how to pack and store necklaces properly and discourage confusing tangles, we’ve got you covered.
How to Keep Necklaces From Tangling: An Easy Guide
From our packaging professionals to you, here’s how you can help reduce movement and discourage tangles in long necklaces.
Long Necklaces Need Extra Security
There’s nothing worse than a messy and knotted necklace chain. We’ve found that the longer and thinner the necklace chain, the more challenging a knot can be. While packing our necklaces, we try to discourage tangles with a few small jewelry packaging hacks focused on keeping the chain secure. Perfect for small businesses and DIY-ers alike, here are a few of our favorite ways to secure necklace chains.
A Few Customer-Friendly Ways To Secure Your Necklace
It’s possible to maintain a professional look with your jewelry packaging and keep your items safe during commute.
- Protect & Cushion With Synthetic Jewelry Pads | Using cushion to fill in any empty space within your packaging can help discourage any movement from a long necklace chain. For jewelry, we recommend using pads that have the same properties as gentle materials like cotton, but are flexible enough to wrap around your necklace and secure it.
- Use A Reclosable Cello Bag | To keep a necklace contained while traveling, insert the loose chain in a small bag with a zip closure, leaving the necklace clasp outside of the bag. Apply gentle pressure on the zip closure to secure. During any sort of commute, the small bag should help keep your jewelry contained without jostling the chain.
DIY Necklace Storage Hacks
Use these everyday items to help store and organize your necklaces for travel.
- Try A Paper Straw | The idea behind this unique storage hack is to keep the majority of your necklace chain wrapped in a solid and stable manner. Simply unclasp your necklace and holding the straw vertically, thread your chain through the center of the straw. Once your necklace is fully threaded, use your clasp to reconnect the two chain ends together.
- Use Fabric To Wrap & Cushion | Here’s how to store your necklaces without tangling. Use a wide piece of fabric to make your own jewelry organizer and carrier. Lay your fabric on a flat surface and arrange your long necklaces evenly apart (at least 1-2”). Once your necklaces are arranged, begin gently rolling your necklaces into your fabric. This rolling action both wraps and cushions each individual necklace so during travel or storage, your necklace chains should not tangle.
Jewelry Packaging Matters
If you’re a small business, it’s important to consider your jewelry packaging carefully. Let us help by walking you through the ideal jewelry box or bag for you and your brand.
Boxes Made For Jewelry
For a simple and classic look, we recommend a two-piece jewelry box. Two-piece jewelry boxes are available in a variety of colors, finishes, and patterns, so finding the perfect box to coordinate with your business is easy.
Box Qualities To Look For
- A Sturdy Construction | When it comes to protecting delicate items like necklaces, earrings, or bracelets, look for containers that have a strong construction. A simple two-piece jewelry box with straight, rigid sides is great.
- Compact Design | Using containers made to fit your items perfectly is a great way to lessen the amount of space between your jewelry and the box itself.
For a specialty jewelry packaging option, we recommend soft fabric bags. With a vast selection of fabrics and finishes, coordinating with your event or business is simple.
Bag Qualities To Look For
- Easy-To-Use Drawstring Top | Cinch tops allow you to easily tighten or loosen your jewelry package at the pull of a string.
- A Bottom That Works For You | Fabric bag designs can come in a couple of different construction styles, the common types being round bottom, or flat bottom. Round bottom bags have a circular base shape that can allow your package to stand unsupported. They also offer a spacious interior so packaging multiple jewelry pieces along with cushioning would not be a problem. Flat bottom bags have gusset sides and a rectangle or square base shape that also allows for ample room as well as an upright package.
FYI: If you’re having trouble finding the perfect sized jewelry box for your necklace, no worries! Check out our post on How To: Measure a Box or Bag!
Find The Jewelry Packaging You Need at Paper Mart!
If you need help finding premium jewelry packaging solutions at low price for you and your small business, we’ve got you covered. Check out our wide variety of jewelry packaging options here!