When it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts or decor, there is nothing like a cute, homemade craft. Using a little glue and a dazzling amount of glitter, let us show you how to make these extra sparkly jars!
Here’s What You’ll Need To Create This Valentine’s Day DIY
- Glass Mason Jars (With Fruit Print, Wide Mouth)
- Painter’s Tape
- Decoupage Glue
- Foam Brush
- Your Favorite Spray Paint
How To Make Your Own Glitter Jar:
Sparkly Polka Dot Mason Jar
- First, paint your mason jar. Using your favorite shade of spray paint, spray-paint the outside of your mason jar. Wait to dry.
- After your mason jar has dried, use your foam brush and glue to draw polka dots onto the surface. While these dots are still wet and tacky, apply glitter.
Sparkly Window Jar
- Create your window shape using your painter’s tape. Cut a heart shape out of the tape and place it on the front of your mason jar.
- Using your foam brush, completely cover your jar’s surface in glue. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Once covered, remove your painter’s tape.
- Once your jars are completely dry, display and enjoy!
A Note About Glitter: These days, there are a ton of glitter options to choose from. Here, we used our Medium Grain Metallic Glitter. To find the glitter that works best for you, don’t hesitate to experiment with different shapes, finishes, or grain sizes. For this project, we think that fine grain glitter or heart-shaped glitter would work beautifully as well!
This super simple Valentine’s Day craft is the perfect way to decorate and say, “I Love You!” With a few supplies and a lot of imagination, special occasions are easy. Did you love this DIY? Then stay tuned. We’re looking forward to many more craft videos, tips for small businesses and product features!