Cozy up your space with this adorable fall-inspired acorn craft. All you need to transform this basic Easter egg is some paint, a length of jute cord, and a lot of creativity. Learn how to make these jute acorns here!
FYI: If you want to craft along with us, get the supplies for this DIY Decorative Acorn Craft Shopping List at PaperMart.com!
Craft Time For All Ages: Adorable Acorn Décor
Craft time is a great opportunity to get the whole family involved. With this simple project, young crafters can have fun getting a little messy with paint while the more experienced makers can help by maneuvering the trickier glue and twine steps. Get started today!
- Jute Cord
- Hot Glue Gun / Glue Sticks
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Your Favorite Fall-Inspired Paint Colors
- Paint Brush
Here’s How To Make Your Own Acorn Craft
- First, paint your eggs. Dip the tip of your paint brush into your paint and evenly apply your first coat of paint onto the surface of your egg. Once the surface is fully covered, let your egg air dry.
Note: Painting is easy with a stable surface! To help keep your egg stable while you’re painting, separate the egg top from the egg bottom and use your hand to hold the top/bottom steady while painting.
- Next, attach your twine. Once the paint on your acorn body is completely dry, use the twine and hot glue to create your signature acorn cap. Apply a thin layer of hot glue to the small part of your egg body and while the glue is still hot, begin to wrap your twine around the tapered end of your egg, towards the top.
- Once you’ve reached the top, snip your twine, leaving a small loose end for your acorn stem.
- Finally, display your acorns around your home and impress your family and friends with these adorable DIY acorns.
How do you decorate for the season? Let us know! We love seeing your creativity flow. Share your ideas with us using the #MyPaperMart social tag or feel free to get our attention on Facebook or Instagram. If you loved this DIY, stay tuned to our blog for more. We’ve got a few how-to’s, product features, business advice, and more coming your way!