Looking for an easy way to incorporate red, white, and blue into your decorations this year? We can help! With a little hot glue and a couple of our favorite patriotic ribbons, we made this easy, no-sew bunting. Let us show you how we did it!
Here’s How To Make A Bunting Banner
A bunting banner is a fun and festive way to embellish your stairwell, mantlepiece, or even your door frames. In preparation for the 4th of July and Memorial Day holidays, we used a wide, American flag printed ribbon. Feel free to incorporate other wide ribbon prints or patterns and personalize your bunting to fit your festivities.
- White Jute Cord
- American Flag Wired Ribbon
- Extra Wide Jute Fabric Ribbon
- Hot Glue Sticks / Hot Glue Gun
FYI: Looking for the supplies you’ll need to make this craft? We’ve got you covered. Shop wired ribbon, hot glue, and more at PaperMart.com.
Here’s How To Make Your Own No-Sew Fabric Bunting
- Using your scissors, trim 12” strips of your jute fabric ribbon and American flag wired ribbon.
- Lay your white jute cord flat and using your flag wired ribbon, fold it over your cord and secure it with hot glue. Repeat with each of your fabric ribbon pieces, alternating between a flag pattern and jute ribbon.
Note: Mind your flag orientation! Make sure the union (stars) is displayed uppermost, to the flag’s own right (observer’s left).
- To achieve a uniform shape to your bunting pieces, trim each end with a V-shape point. Repeat with each ribbon end.
- Finally, hang and enjoy. Use this bunting to add the perfect finishing touch to your summer décor!
Keep Your Bunting Pristine: Storing & Saving
If you’re looking for a way to save and store your bunting, simply wrap it around a flat, wide piece of cardboard. The flat cardboard shape helps keep your bunting wrinkle-free and ready for the next year!
Looking to decorate for the upcoming summer holidays? Show us how you craft and decorate using our social tag #mypapermart. If you loved this DIY, keep following our blog all year long for craft ideas, tips for small businesses, product features and more!