Being part of the Paper Mart team takes more than skill, talent, and dedication. It’s about having the desire to foster and serve our local community. This is why we’ve upgraded our standard High Five Awards to include a cash donation to a charity of our team member’s choice. This quarter, our office and warehouse High Five Award Winners, Anthony Munoz and Martha Martinez have chosen to make donations to our local chapters of the Wounded Warriors Project and the American Cancer Society.
“These are great causes that we are proud to support. I’m happy we are able to help give back like this.”
– Buffy Frick Simoni, Paper Mart President
As our team members continue to go above and beyond within their day-to-day activities, we’re happy to support the organizations and communities of their choice. For information regarding where our donations are going, read on!
The Wounded Warriors Project
On behalf of Paper Mart team member, Anthony Munoz, we’ve made a charitable donation to the Wounded Warriors Project. The Wounded Warriors Project is a nonprofit and veterans service organization whose focus is to provide programs, services, and events for wounded veterans of the military following September 11, 2001.
A few programs and services that our donation is going towards are the following –
- Combat Stress Recovery Program | Counseling and resources to help heal mental wounds like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Independence Program | Guidance and resources geared towards easing the transition from service member to civilian.
- Peer Support | A network of peer-led groups and events to encourage inter-personal relationships with others.
The American Cancer Society
On behalf of Paper Mart team member, Martha Martinez, we’ve made a charitable donation to The American Cancer Society. The American Cancer Society is a voluntary health organization whose mission is to “save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.” They do this by encouraging breakthrough research and developing resources for those affected.
Our donation is going towards supporting things like –
- Hope Lodge | Nurturing and safe lodging for cancer patients and their caregivers when traveling out of town for treatment.
- Get A Ride To Cancer Treatment | Transportation to and from cancer-related medical appointments for those in need.
- Reach To Recovery | In-person or phone support and resources for individuals who are facing breast cancer.
The Paper Mart Family
Paper Mart is a 4th generation owned & operated family business. 2018 is our 97th year in business and our 20th year on the web. We pride ourselves in being the largest discount packaging supply company in the United States. Retail, Food, and Industrial Packaging items are our specialties. We currently list for sale over 26,000 items. Our goal is to sell the best for less. The Paper Mart family includes over 250 employees all working together to deliver the best products and service in the industry. We believe that each individual on our team plays an important role in making Paper Mart a great place to work and grow.
Interested in joining the Paper Mart team? Click here to visit our careers page.