If you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint and package beautifully, we’ve got a few recommendations for you. From trustworthy glass to fabric packaging, here’s a peek at our favorite eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas.
Packaging Food Or Cosmetics? Consider Glass
One of our favorite earth friendly packaging materials is glass. We love it for its strength, versatility, and overall look. It also happens to be a universally trusted material for food and cosmetics.
Here Are A Few Of Our Favorite Glass Containers
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars | Mason Jars are a beautiful, DIY eco friendly gift container option. We love these jars especially because their wide mouth opening and air-tight lids allow us to easily and safely package our gifts.
- Glass Jars With Cork Lids | These jars with cork lids are perfect for dry items or powders. Their narrow, cylinder shape, compact size, and thick glass body make it a great small option for gift baskets as well.
FYI: For a great eco friendly gift idea, check out our DIY Gift for Crafters video here!
Looking To Wrap A Small Eco Friendly Gift? Try Kraft Pillow Boxes
If you’re looking for a chic way to package your small gifts, think about kraft pillow boxes. We love using pillow boxes because their sleek, curved design gives our overall packaging a chic look.
Unbleached Kraft paper is a natural biomaterial that is recyclable and biodegradable. For your own small gifts, we recommend using these Kraft Pillow Boxes. Its natural look also allows it to be easily dressed up or down, depending on your own unique embellishment style!
FYI: If you’re looking for ways to dress up your pillow box, take a peek at our 3 Ways to Design Pillow Boxes post here!
Want To Make A Statement That Lasts? Wrap With Fabric
If you were looking for unique eco friendly gift wrapping ideas, we recommend natural fabric blends like burlap, jute, or cotton. Fabric packaging is available in a wide variety of options, from stylish totes and specialty bottle packaging to large, easy to use bolts of material.
Popular Fabric Wrapping Options
- Cotton Muslin Pouch | A fully blank surface made of unbleached, natural material like cotton opens up a world of customization possibilities while being earth friendly. Plain cotton muslin pouches are also great for small items like jewelry.
- Jute Blend Tote Bag | These heavy duty totes are a stylish option for gifts and more. Their thick rope handles and jute blend body ensure a long-lasting tote for shopping and everyday use.
- Burlap Fabric | Wrapping gifts with a large bolt of fabric allows you to reduce the amount of packaging waste this holiday season.
What types of presents are you wrapping up this season? Show us using the social tag #mypapermart. If you loved these tips and want to see more, stay tuned. We’re looking forward to making more DIY craft videos, product features, and tips for small businesses!